Vermin was the second game we made at TGA. It was our first mobile game which was a fun experience to develop!
The game follows a mouse trying to reach a new home, facing enemies and obstacles along the way.
Project Duration: 6 weeks, 50 %
Team size: 14
Genre: Turn based puzzle adventure
Inspiration: Lara Croft GO
Obstacles (mud and poisonous gas)
In collaboration with Lina Warntoft I implemented a mud obstacle that can be traversed once before becoming weakened and collapsing on next contact.
I implemented pipes releasing poisonous gas that can kill the player och her enemies. The valve is controlled via a lever.
VFX (particle effects, camera shake)
I implemented the poisonous gas that the mouse can activate via levers to defeat enemies.
I added camera shake with a custom duration and magnitude.
Since this was our first mobile game I made an input manager for touch controls with custom tap delay, movement dead zones and angle dead zones.
Audio sourcing and implementation
I sourced the majority of our audio clips and added them to the game.
Asynchronous level loading
Levels were loaded in the background when nearing the end of a level to speed up level load times.
I added ability to fade the screen in and out with a custom made color and speed.
Introduction to mobile development and tools
The importance of agreeing on a unified vision and upholding it throughout the game project